Monday, February 9, 2009

So the sickness at our house has seemed never ending. Just when the kids started to get over their colds they all got really sick again. When they continued in a downward spiral I began to get really worried. My little Saydie has always gotten a whole lot sicker than the rest and this time was no different. On Friday her fever spiked to 105 degrees in an hour period. I immediately picked her up to take her to the kitchen to give her Motrin. At that time she began to sieze and it lasted for about 30 seconds. The way that she looked and everything about it completely did me in. I have never felt that kind of scared. It was an awful experience. It was only the first time that I had ever seen a siezure from fever and I never want to see it again. When her muscles finally let go she began to puke insessantly. VERY SCARY!!! Well it turns out that they all had strep so we immediately got them on an antibiotic and now three days later I can finally see that we are coming out of it. HOORAY!!! So needless to say Maddie didn't get as sick as the rest of them but she did GET SICK and she was not a happy camper. She blames it entirely on Saydie because Saydie drank out of her cup and "giveded her germs". Does it look like our sweet little Saydie could be so malicious? LOL!!! FUN-FUN-FUN at the Thomas house let me tell you about it. So I guess the moral of this story is if you have four kids sharing germs then they are going to get sick. EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM!!!

5 comments:

My Sister's Tricks said...

poor things. I'm glad that they are all feeling better. Now we can come over and see you guys. Love ya. :)

Traci said...

Holy Crap Amber. What is in your water over there? I hope everyone is doing better. When we left you over 3 weeks ago I was worried about you. Its good to see you in the blogging world so I can keep up with you. I hope that you will have a better week.

Brianne said...

Wow, we've had 105 fevers at my house but no seizures yet. You always have the best of luck, don't you? I am happy they are coming out of it. I hope you all can stay healthy for a while. Maybe if our kids are ever healthy at the same time we could hang out again. ;0) Meanwhile I guess I'll just have to watch the Smallville dvd's to entertain myself.

Kaylee said...

Glad to see you blogging! You are looking good and have such a dang cute little family!

Amy said...

So glad everyone is better and that you survived (literally). Saw your parents and sis at the stake Valentine Dinner last week. You guys are so beautiful. Somethings never change. :)